The past couple of weeks I have visited clients in Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Sandviken, Ystad… and many more cities. I’ll be on the road with Michiel Boreel, Sogeti CTO, in the US in early December. We’ll meet with US clients and will very likely identify new app related opportunities.
Apps are on the agenda everywhere. Here are some fundamental points in conclusion.
- Businesses in all sectors consider the app a new channel for business development
- There are three types of client requests: a) We have an app idea. Please help us. b) This is a completely new channel, please help us defining an app strategy. c) We need an app factory, a partner that can scale up to tens of simultaneous app projects.
- Businesses extend existing products and services to the app first, then start to apply creativity to explore the channel’s inherently unique characteristics
- The app phone user considers the app safe for financial transactions, for example buying books, movies and electronics.
- iPhone and Android are the two platforms that maintain their position as primary app platforms.
We are currently engaged in app development, app strategy and app factory projects. And frankly, one of the challenges I face is finding as many skilled iPhone and Android app designers, developers and testers, as we need. So, I’ll finish this post with a job offer. We are hiring.